A Rich Set of Data Analytic and AI Tools for Geoscience
Paradise uses robust, unsupervised machine learning and supervised deep learning technologies to accelerate interpretation and generate greater insights from seismic and well data. Apply the guided ThoughtFlows™ in the Paradise AI workbench to…
- Identify and calibrate detailed stratigraphy
- Classify seismic facies
- Reveal fracture trends
- Detect faults automatically
- Distinguish thin beds below conventional tuning
- Interpret Direct Hydrocarbon Indicators
- Estimate reserves/resources
Generate attributes to extract meaningful geological information and as input into machine learning analysis
Highlight geologic features in 3D by blending up to three attribute volumes
Identify attributes having the highest variance and contribution among a set of attributes in a geologic setting
Classify multiple attribute volumes simultaneously utilizing Self-Organizing Maps (SOM), an unsupervised machine learning process
Display the Neural Classes (topology) and their associated colors resulting from Multi-Attribute Classification that indicate the distribution of related facies
Estimate the volume of reserves/resources and geologic features
Capture facies based on distinctive seismic patterns using Convolutional Neural Network (CNN) deep learning technology
Produce fault probability volumes based on existing fault engines (models) or from interpreter-guided, trained engines
Generate geometric and spectral decomposition attributes on a cluster of compute nodes in a fraction of the time on a single machine
Move data between Paradise and Petrel easily and conveniently
Write and save scripts that can be run by the Paradise AI engine using over 600 geoscience, machine learning, and data analysis commands
• Spectral Decomposition
(Left) Amplitude data. (Right) multi-attribute classification on 100ms stratigraphy above the Buda in the Eagle Ford group
Seismic data owned and provided courtesy of Seitel, Inc.
Multi-attribute classification with low probability (<10%) anomalies (white) in the greater Niobrara section. For more information, read Thin Beds and Anomaly Resolution in the Niobrara by Rocky Roden.
Interactive 2D Colormap
Machine learning geobodies are isolated at the bin level, enabling volumetric estimates of hydrocarbons
Machine Learning Geobodies
- Investigate geobodies at the sample level of each neuron
- Capture details on areas of interest, including volumetrics and statistics
- Edit/clean-up selected geobodies by filling in areas or pruning extraneous samples
- Export areas of interest to an interpretation system
Deep Learning (DL) Fault Detection
Fault detection result on a seismic survey from the Great South Basin, offshore New Zealand. a) Seismic amplitude data on which fault detection is performed. b) Fault probability from the CNN-based fault detection. c) A state-of-the-art seismic coherence attribute. Note the greatly improved fault continuity, resolution, and reduced noise from the CNN-based fault detection method.
Deep Learning (DL) Seismic Facies Classification
GPU Computing (GPU)
The Petrel Connector to Paradise is installed on the same machine with Petrel and appears as an icon on the Petrel ribbon. Simply open the Paradise Connector, select the data to be moved to Paradise, drag and drop the data items onto the Petrel Connector dialog, and select Export. Import from Paradise to Petrel is equally straightforward. Multiple items can be exported at once by selecting the folder to export, such as all wells. The products of machine learning and deep learning in Paradise, such as Deep Learning Seismic Facies, Faults, and Multi-Attribute Classification volumes can be imported easily into Petrel for further analysis.
*Petrel is a Registered Trademark of Schlumberger Limited
*Petrel is a registered trademark of Schlumberger
Paradise Scripting Language
The Paradise Script Processor (PSP) is a software application for optimized multi-thread vectorized performance. PSP modes include interactive operations, numerical batch processing, and multi-batch parallel processing. Included with PSL is the Paradise Script Editor (PSE) to write and run scripts interactively.
- Windows 10 Pro
- MS SQL Server 2012
- 8+ processing cores
- 32GB RAM
- 4GB NVIDIA graphics card
- File storage capacity depends on several different variables: See note below*
- 10Gb ethernet connection for networked data storage or USB 3.0 connection for external storage devices
Contact us for more information regarding technical specifications on client/server installations.
* File Storage capacity is dependent on the size of the surveys and attributes volumes, plus interpretation files, e.g., faults, horizons, wells, etc. Local storage (on the server running Paradise) is encouraged for evaluation purposes; however, if a centralized network storage facility is to be used for project files, a 10 Gb LAN connection is recommended between the target server and project file storage facility.