Instructor(s): Sarah Stanley, Sr. Geophysicist
Dates: To be determined
Paradise Essentials is a two-day introductory course that equips geoscientists and engineers to use the major ThoughtFlows™ and become acquainted with the basic capabilities of the machine learning platform. Students are trained in applying Principal Component Analysis (PCA) to a group of attributes to identify the most significant attributes in the set, then running, viewing and analyzing Self-Organizing Maps (SOMs) on selected attributes using different neural network configurations. The capstone of the course is using the SOM results to apply the geobody analysis tools and calculate volumetrics.
To register for Paradise Essentials, please complete the checkout process by adding this course to your cart. Upon completion of your order, you will receive course details via email.
- Discuss the basic mathematical history and creation of Seismic Attributes.
- Discuss data quality control for seismic attributes.
- Import and Generate Seismic attributes for use in the Course.
- Run Several Principal Component Analyses to determine sensitivities to different attributes.
- Show Paradise Workflow examples from successful interpretations.
- Use our PCA and Database knowledge to Generate Self Organizing Maps.
- Learn how to subset x,y,z data to constrain Interpretation volumes.
- View Self Organizing Map and Export Classifications for usage in other systems.