Location: Houston, TX
Time: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Instructor(s): Deborah Sacrey, Auburn Energy
To register for the Paradise Workshop please complete the checkout process below. Upon completion, you will receive a payment confirmation and course details via email.
The Paradise Workshop aims to equip geoscientists to interpret in Paradise using multi-attribute analysis by focusing on at least two projects in different geologic settings. The course will highlight the importance of using multiple attributes to extract more information from the seismic response.
Course objectives and topics to be covered:
- Demonstrate the capabilities of Paradise vs. traditional interpretation tools.
- Instruct in the applications of Paradise in different geologic settings.
- Learn the details of interpreting in Paradise
- Work in 2D and 1D Colorbars
- Export to an interpretation package - Kingdom and Petrel
- Export a neural masks
Course outline: Day 1
- Load the base volumes and interpretation files
- Introduction to Attribute Generation and Advanced Attributes
- Discuss attributes in different geologic settings and attribute families
- Run PCA and highlight the importance of parentage
- Run multiple SOMs with different neural configurations and attribute recipes to identify stratigraphic and geologic features
- Compare classification results to well logs
- Presentation on Eagle Ford
Course Outline: Day 2
- Case histories presentation
- Continue SOM and individual work
- Introduce details of colorbars and workspaces, including translating between the Paradise 2D Colormap and 1D colorbars
- when exporting Workspaces
- Export results to interpretation packages to continue the interpretation