Webinar: Sub-Seismic Tuning using Multi-Attribute Seismic Analysis
Geophysical Insights is pleased to host a webinar that will describe how multi-attribute analysis is applied and the technology being used to visualize thin beds and facies. If interested in attending this free event, please click the link below to register. The presentation will be given by Mr. Rocky Roden, Sr. Consulting Geophysicist (CV Below).
Topics Covered in the webinar on Sub-Seismic Tuning using Multi-Attribute Analysis:
- Rayleigh’s Criterion and the classical basis of seismic tuning
- Work by Brown et al. (1984,1986) and Connolly (2007) on thin bed calculations
- Phenomena at or below tuning
- Applications of attributes to the wedge model
- How multi-attribute classification techniques that use machine learning enable visualization below tuning
- Case studies in the application of this new technique in conventional and unconventional geologic settings
CV – Rocky R. Roden
Rocky R. Roden has extensive knowledge of modern geoscience technical approaches (past Chairman-The Leading Edge Editorial Board). As former Chief Geophysicist and Director of Applied Technology for Repsol-YPF, his role comprised advising corporate officers, geoscientists, and managers on interpretation, strategy and technical analysis for exploration and development in offices in the U.S., Argentina, Spain, Egypt, Bolivia, Ecuador, Peru, Brazil, Venezuela, Malaysia, and Indonesia. He has been involved in the technical and economic evaluation of Gulf of Mexico lease sales, farmouts worldwide, and bid rounds in South America, Europe, and the Far East. Previous work experience includes exploration and development at Maxus Energy, Pogo Producing, Decca Survey, and Texaco. He holds a B.S. in Oceanographic Technology-Geology from Lamar University and a M.S. in Geological and Geophysical Oceanography from Texas A&M University.