Activating Paradise with a License File
1) To create the license file, we will need the MAC address of the box where Paradise will run.
To get that address, go to a command window and type ipconfig -all
Find the Ethernet Adapter physical address like the one below in yellow.
2) Email a screen shot of this information to Geophysical Insights (we will provide the appropriate contact email), and Geophysical Insights will create a license file using the physical address of the computer to which Paradise is installed.
3) In the bottom left-hand corner of the computer, click on the “Start” button type in “environment” in the Search edit box. Hit return.
4) Select “Edit the system environment variables” (System variables) but NOT, “Edit environment variables for your account” (Local variables). Be sure that System environment variables are being edited, and NOT the Local environment variables.
5) Select the “Environment” variables button.
6) Select the “APLGEORI_LICENSE_FILE” system environment variable and the select the “Edit” button.
7) Enter “C:\Program Files\Geophysical Insights” in the “Variable Value” field for the APLGEORI_LICENSE_FILE system environment variable. Click “OK.”
8) Once the license file from Geophysical Insights has been recieved, put it in the C:\Program Files\Geophysical Insights folder.
9) Open the Services window (Click on the Start button in the left-hand corner of the desktop, type in “Services”, and select the “Services” listing that appears. Find the “ParadiseIsland” entry in the Services window, right click on “ParadiseIsland” and select “Properties.”
10) Select the tab entitled “LogOn.” Type in the password twice, and click “OK.”
11) If the service is already running, select “Stop.” Now right-click on the “ParadiseIsland” service and select “Start.” The service should indicate that it has started in the “Status” column. Once the ParadiseIsland starts, Paradise can be run.