That’s a wrap!
This year’s SEG conference has come and gone. We had a great time bringing a slice of Paradise® to sunny California with the Geophysical Insights booth. If you didn’t get a chance to attend or missed a talk, presentations from this year’s conferences are available by request.
Please fill out the form to the right to receive downloadable presentations from thought leaders in geoscience and machine learning, including Dr. Thomas Smith (President/CEO, Geophysical Insights) and Dr. Tao Zhao (Research Geophysicist, Geophysical Insights).
Solving interpretation problems with machine learning
Paradise is a step-change in the way seismic interpretation is done, solving complex geologic problems, using machine learning for classification of multiple attributes on the sample level. With Paradise, interpreters can:
- Identify thin beds
- Isolate geobodies
- See detailed stratigraphy
- Reveal Direct Hydrocarbon Indicators (DHIs)
- Analyze reservoir properties
- Expose faults and fracture trends
- Isolate pressure-related facies
Access to SEG 2018 Presentations
“With Paradise, we have detected new opportunities and the results can be used to identify specific intervals of interest.”
— Asset Manager Major | U.S. Oil Producer
New Key Features of Paradise 3.2
Isolate and investigate areas of interest in the SOM results.
- Investigate geobodies at the sample level of each neuron
- Capture details on areas of interest, including volumetrics and statistics
- Edit/clean up selected geobodies by filling in areas or pruing extraneous samples
- Export areas of interest to an interpretation system
High Performance Computing (HPC)
With an increase in the size of data volumes, traditional servers and workstations can limit the speed of interpretation. The new Paradise HPC capability enables the generation of geometric and spectral decomposition attributes on clusters of machines, dramatically reducing computation time.
Advanced Attribute Library
Seismic attributes provide a framework for interpreting geologic features that define depositional environments. The Paradise Attribute Generator makes a library of over 100 attributes readily accessible.