Dr. Tom Smith
President & CEOGeophysical Insights
A Live Webinar featuring, Dr. Tom Smith, President & CEO, Geophysical Insights
- What is machine learning and how does it apply to seismic exploration and unconventional resource development?
- What is the difference between supervised and unsupervised machine learning?
- When is an analysis statistical and when is it machine learning?
- What is attribute space and what is the mathematical foundation of this technology?
- How do you know if the results are any good?
- What are some case histories that illustrate machine learning principals?
- What are some practical tips?
- Each of these topics will include one or more examples and simple exercises to illustrate a principal where appropriate.
Each of these topics will include one or more examples and simple exercises to illustrate a principal where appropriate.
- Supervised and Unsupervised Learning
- MLP; CNN; FCN; k-means; SOM
- Attribute space
- Geobody Classification
- Fluid Contacts
- Geobody Seismic Facies
- Making Predictions
- Seismic Processing for Machine Learning
- Attribute Selection List
- Principal Component Analysis
- The Best Well
- The Best Seismic Processing
- Who Makes the Best Predictions?