Become an expert in Paradise
Training: Paradise Essentials
This introductory two day course to Paradise enables geoscientists and engineers to use the major workflows and become acquainted with the basic capabilities of the multi-attribute analysis platform. Students will be trained in applying Principal Component Analysis (PCA) to a group of attributes to identify the most significant attributes in the set, then running, viewing and analyzing Self-Organizing Maps (SOMs) on selected attributes using different neural network configurations.
Course Outline: Day 2
Show Paradise Workflow examples from successful interpretations.
Use our PCA and Database knowledge to Generate Self Organizing Maps.
Learn how to subset x,y,z data to constrain Interpretation volumes.
View Self Organizing Map and Export Classifications for usage in other systems.
Course Outline: Day 1
- Discuss the basic mathematical history and creation of Seismic Attributes.
- Discuss data quality control for seismic attributes.
- Import and Generate Seismic attributes for use in the Course.
- Run Several Principal Component Analyses to determine sensitivities to different attributes.
Training: Paradise Workshop
The Paradise Workshop aims to equip geoscientists to interpret in Paradise using multi-attribute analysis by focusing on at least two projects in different geologic settings. The course will highlight the importance of using multiple attributes to extract more information from the seismic response.
Course objectives and topics to be covered:
- Demonstrate the capabilities of Paradise vs. traditional interpretation tools.
- Instruct in the applications of Paradise in different geologic settings.
- Learn the details of interpreting in Paradise
- Work in 2D and 1D Colorbars
- Export to an interpretation package - Kingdom and Petrel
- Export a neural masks
Course Outline: Day 2
- Case histories presentation
- Continue SOM and individual work
- Introduce details of colorbars and workspaces, including translating between the Paradise 2D Colormap and 1D colorbars when exporting Workspaces
- Export results to interpretation packages to continue the interpretation
Course outline: Day 1
- Load the base volumes and interpretation files
- Introduction to Attribute Generation and Advanced Attributes
- Discuss attributes in different geologic settings and attribute families
- Run PCA and highlight the importance of parentage
- Run multiple SOMs with different neural configurations and attribute recipes to identify stratigraphic and geologic features
- Compare classification results to well logs
- Presentation on Eagle Ford
Training: Attributes - Theory & Practice