Restoring the Paradise database from a backup
1. In Windows 10, press the Windows button in the bottom left corner and start typing SQL Server Management Studio until the software comes up and then press Enter or click the software.
2. Verify the appropriate server name and click Connect.
3. On the left pane (Object Explorer) expand Databases and you will see 4 Geophysical. Skimmer database.
NOTE: All four databases will need to be restored using the steps below.
4. Right-click on the first database “App. Repository”, and choose Tasks> Restore> Database…
5. Under the area “Specify the source and location of backup sets to restore”, choose the radio button for “Device:” and click the “…” button at the end of the field (all the way to the right).
6. On the Specify Backup dialog click the Add button.
7. On the “Locate Backup File” dialog, navigate to the specific file you want to restore (Be careful. This dialog is not very friendly). Make sure the date and name of the file matches the database backup for the database to be restored. Highlight the file and press OK.
8. When the correct .bak file appears in the Specify Backup dialog, press OK.
9. When the file appears in the “Backup sets to restore” area, verify the checkbox next to that file is checked. Then, click on “Options” in the “Select a page” pane on the upper left.
10. Under the “Restore Options” area, check the checkbox for Overwrite the existing database (WITH REPLACE)”. Then press OK.
11. When this database is 100% restored, repeat steps 4-10 for the remaining 3 databases.