1) If license keys have been issued, it is necessary to do a one-time activation of these license keys using our Activation Utility before using Paradise. License activation requires internet connectivity on the computer on which Paradise is installed only at the time the license is activated, as an internet connection is used to contact Geophysical Insight’s license server. Specifically for client-server configurations, the server computer requires internet connectivity at the time the license is activated.
2) To begin, left double-click on the “Activation Utility 3.1” icon on the Windows desktop. For client-server configurations, this icon is located on the server computer’s desktop. Click “Yes” on the following dialog to proceed.
This will bring up the “Geophysical Insights Application Activation Utility,” as seen below.
3) Select the third tab, entitled “Use Activation,” and enter a single license key in the edit field. Then, click the “Activate” button in the bottom right hand corner of the dialog. If multiple license keys have been issued, enter each license key individually, and click the “Activate” button for the entry of that individual license key. Do not enter multiple license keys at the same time in the edit field. Repeat the process for the next license key of entering an individual license key and clicking the “Activate” button.
Once the “Activate” button has been clicked and the license key has been registered on our license server, a message in the “Status” field at the bottom of the dialog will reflect a successful activation.
If there is a problem with license activation, this will be indicated in the “Status” field at the bottom of the dialog. Please call our technical support at: 713-360-2507, extension 3 for customer support.
4) Click the “Close” button in the bottom right-hand corner of the dialog to close the Activation Utility.
5) Check that the ParadiseIsland service is running in the Services window. To open the Services window, left-click on the “Start” button in the left-hand corner of the computer screen. Depending on the version of Windows that is installed, the “Start” button in the bottom left-hand corner of the computer screen looks like:
Type the word “Services” in the search field.
On Windows 8 machines, click on the “Start” button in the bottom left-hand corner of the computer screen and a blank edit field will appear after typing the word “Services.”
6) Select the “Services” or “View local Services” item that appears in the listing to bring up the Services window.
For Windows 8 machines:
7) In the Services dialog, check that the “Status” of the ParadiseIsland service is “Started” or “Running,” depending on the version of the Windows operating system that is running. If the status of the ParadiseIsland service is “Started” or “Running,” close the Services window and Paradise is ready to run.
If the “Status” of the ParadiseIsland service is neither “Started” nor “Running,” then right-click on the ParadiseIsland listing in the Services dialog, and select “Properties.”
8) Select the second tab entitled, “Log On,” and enter the user’s log on password twice. Click “OK.” It is important to note that the owner of the ParadiseIsland service should be an administrator on the computer. Run the ParadiseIsland service as a Local System account by selecting the “Local System account” radio button, but Paradise will then be only able to access files and folders on the computer that Paradise is installed on, and will not be able to access files and folders across the network.
9) Right-click on the ParadiseIsland service, and select “Start.”
10) The status of the ParadiseIsland service should be “Started” or “Running,” depending on the version of the Windows operating system that is on the computer.
11) If the ParadiseIsland service is running, the left double-click on the “Paradise 3.1” icon on the Windows desktop to start the Paradise application.